Welcome to the Leeds Book Awards website.
Leeds Book Awards 2012
2012 AWARD WINNERS:
The winners of the 2012 Leeds Book Awards were announced at two ceremonies at the Carriageworks Theatre in Leeds on 24 May 2012. 600 young people from schools across Leeds came to the ceremonies, which were hosted by our fantastic Master of Ceremonies, Dave Cryer.
The winners are:
- 9-11 category: Sky Hawk by Gill Lewis
- 11-14 category: The Truth about Celia Frost by Paula Rawsthorne
- Breezereads 14-16 category: Angel’s Fury by Bryony Pearce
For full details of the event please see our events page.
The 2012 shortlists contain a great selection of books:
- Janet Foxley, Muncle Trogg
- Harriet Goodwin, Gravenhunger
- Jane Johnson, Gold Seekers
- Gill Lewis, Sky Hawk
- Simon Mason, Moon Pie
- Kate Saunders, Magicalamity
- Paul Dowswell, Sektion 20
- Curtis Jobling, Rise of the Wolf
- Annabel Pitcher, My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece
- S L Powell, Fifty Fifty
- Paula Rawsthorne, The Truth About Celia Frost
- Steve Voake, Dark Woods
- Martyn Bedford, Flip
- Julie Hearn, Wreckers
- Will Hill, Department 19
- Ally Kennen, Quarry
- Zoë Marriott, Shadows on the Moon
- Bryony Pearce, Angel's Fury
For full details of the shortlisted books and their authors, please go to the shortlists page.
Help us to select next year’s shortlists!
We are always on the look out for books to include in the next Leeds Book Awards. If you have read anything published in 2012 that you would like to nominate for the 2013 Awards, then we would like to hear from you.
Nominations can be e-mailed to Debbie Moody, Young People’s Librarian (e-mail address is on the Contact page on the website).
Please remember to say which school you are from, and who you are as well as which author/s and book/s you would like to nominate.
See you all next year at the Leeds Book Awards 2013!