Welcome to the Leeds Book Awards website.
Leeds Book Awards 2014
2014 AWARD WINNERS:
The winners of the 2014 Leeds Book Awards have been announced.
The winners are:
- 9 – 11: Wild Boy by Rob Lloyd Jones
- 11 – 14: Geek Girl by Holly Smale
- 14 – 16: Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher
Many congratulations to the winners.
Our 2014 shortlists contain a great selection of books for you to read. They are:
- Andrew Beasley, The Claws of Evil
- Elen Caldecott, The Great Ice-Cream Heist
- Rachel Campbell-Johnston, The Child's Elephant
- Emily Diamand, Ways to See a Ghost
- Christopher William Hill, Osbert the Avenger
- Rob Lloyd Jones, Wild Boy
- Celia Bryce, Anthem for Jackson Dawes
- Gillian Cross, After Tomorrow
- Tim Lott, How to Be Invisible
- Fletcher Moss, The Poison Boy
- Paula Rawsthorne, Blood Tracks
- Holly Smale, Geek Girl
- Lucy Christopher, The Killing Woods
- C J Flood, Infinite Sky
- Nick Lake, Hostage Three
- Sarah Mussi, Siege
- Annabel Pitcher, Ketchup Clouds
- Alison Rattle, The Quietness
For full details of the shortlisted books and their authors, please go to the shortlists page.
Want to take part? Here's how:
You get to be the judge!
Look at the shortlist categories on this website and choose which list is best for you.
We have 3 categories to choose from:
- Best Book for 9-11 year olds
- Best Book for 11-14 year olds
- The Breezereads Award - Best Book for 14-16 year olds
Find out more about Breezereads at www.breezeleeds.org/pg/3/Breezereads.
Read the books and talk about them with your friends, teachers, carers and librarians.
Look at the authors' (or their publishers') websites to find out more about them and all the books they have written.
Look at the reviews on this website to see what others think and have your say.
Decide which is your favourite book and VOTE!
- You can vote for your favourite book in your local library or through your Leeds Book Awards school book group.
- Voting won't close until Friday 25th April 2014, so don't worry, there is plenty of time to make up your mind.
- When all the votes have been counted, the winners will be announced on 20th May 2014 for the 9-11 category and on 22nd May 2014 for the 11-14 and 14-16 categories.
This year there will be TWO celebration days and Awards ceremonies, the first on Tuesday 20th May 2014 at The Pudsey Civic Hall, for the primary schools reading the 9-11 shortlist. The second celebration day will be on Thursday 22nd May 2014 at Leeds Civic Hall for the two older categories.
Some of the shortlisted authors will be at both Award ceremonies for you to meeet.
So, start reading, and most of all... have fun!!!