Welcome to the Leeds Book Awards website.
Leeds Book Awards 2015
Our new shortlists for 2015 have just been announced!
We have a great selection of books for you to read. They are:
- Jane Elson, A Room Full of Chocolate
- Rachel Hamilton, The Case of the Exploding Loo
- A. F. Harrold, The Imaginary
- Hilton Pashley, Gabriel's Clock
- William Sutcliffe, Circus of Thieves and the Raffle of Doom
- Lara Williamson, A Boy Called Hope
- Peter Jay Black, Urban Outlaws
- Steven Camden, Tape
- T. S. Easton, Boys Don't Knit
- Dave Shelton, Thirteen Chairs
- Kim Slater, Smart
- Rupert Wallis, The Dark Inside
- Holly Bourne, The Manifesto on How to be Interesting
- Keren David, Salvage
- Ben Davis, The Private Blog of Joe Cowley
- Matt Haig, Echo Boy
- Tom Hoyle, Thirteen
- Bali Rai, Web of Darkness
For full details of the shortlisted books and their authors, please go to the shortlists page.
Want to take part? Here's how:
You get to be the judge!
Look at the shortlist categories on this website and choose which list is best for you.
We have 3 categories to choose from:
- Best Book for 9-11 year olds
- Best Book for 11-14 year olds
- The Breezereads Award - Best Book for 14-16 year olds
Find out more about Breezereads at www.breezeleeds.org/pg/3/Breezereads.
Read the books and talk about them with your friends, teachers, carers and librarians.
Look at the authors' (or their publishers') websites to find out more about them and all the books they have written.
Look at the reviews on this website to see what others think and have your say.
Decide which is your favourite book and VOTE!
- You can vote for your favourite book in your local library or through your Leeds Book Awards school book group.
- Voting won't close until Friday 24th April 2015, so don't worry, there is plenty of time to make up your mind.
- When all the votes have been counted, the winners will be announced on 19th May 2015 for the 11-14 and 14-16 categories and on 21st May 2015 for the 9-11 category.
This year there will be TWO celebration days and Awards ceremonies, the first on Tuesday 19th May 2015 at The Pudsey Civic Hall, for High Schools reading the 11-14 and 14-16 shortlists. The second celebration day will be on Thursday 21st May 2015 at The Pudsey Civic Hall for Primary Schools reading the 9-11 shortlist.
Some of the shortlisted authors will be at both Award ceremonies for you to meeet.
So, start reading, and most of all... have fun!!!